Pennsylvania is coordinating a one-time, large-scale “PA Marijuana Pardon Project” effort to pardon people with certain minor, non-violent marijuana convictions. Applying is free and entirely online.
Individuals are eligible only if they have one or both of these convictions in Pennsylvania:
- Possession of Marijuana (Title 35 Section 780-113 Subsection A31)
- Marijuana, Small Amount Personal Use (Title 35 Section 780-113 Subsection A31I)
A few important things:
- The conviction had to have taken place in Pennsylvania.
- There is no limit for the age of the conviction.
- People who have additional convictions on their record are not eligible.
This is a special, one-month application period during the month of September.
The Board of Pardons will accept applications from September 1 to September 30, 2022.
For more information about applying for a pardon, visit this website: https://www.pa.gov/guides/mj-pardon/.